It is impossible to love each other without a sense of mutual (equal) worth and respect for each other.
- Romans 13:10 Love worketh no ill to a neighbor: Therefore Love is the fulfilling of the law.
- 1 John 4:20 It is impossible to Love God, who we’ve never seen and hate our brothers and sisters whom we see every day.
- God is neither male nor female; God is spirit and spirit has no gender.
Liberation Theology for all, a theology that frees the oppressed, therefore:
- not a male-dominated hierarchy
- not oppressive to women
- not just European in scope
- must relate to People of Color and their various cultures around the world
- not oppressive to Lesbian, Gay, Transgender and Bisexual people
- allows us to think and discern through human reason and experience
- not oppressive to Native Americans or their spirituality or any other oppressive use of scripture
We believe in the teachings of Jesus but we do not dismiss all other faiths and beliefs as wrong or second to our way of believing.
God is greater than any religion, denomination or school of thought.
God is spirit, alive and at work in the Muslim Mosque, the Jewish Synagogue, the Christian Church and the Tribal Ritual. God is everywhere present.
We believe the Bible and all great spiritual writings or guides must be read taking into consideration the time of their writing, the traditions practiced at that time and the fact that we have the right to question and examine all interpretations.
A person’s belief system:
must be supportive of healthy self-acceptance
must support spiritual growth
must encourage physical, psychic and mental health